Tablet computers are being welcomed in many locations throughout our daily lives. These mobile devices are becoming present in the office, classroom, and business locales of all kinds. As budgets are tight, what are the best tablets you can buy for less than $200?
1. Google Nexus 7 – This popular tablet sold out at nearly all locations upon opening day of pubic purchasing. The 7″ 1280×800 dpi resolution and 16GB storage capacity make it an attractive purchase. Although the Nexus 7 doesn’t have a rear-facing camera or capabilities for SD card support, the Tegra 3 quad-core processor backed by 1 GB of RAM make this unit a powerful piece of technology.
2. Kindle Fire HD – In order to compete with the changing market of tablets, Amazon produced the Kindle Fire HD as an alternative to other brands. Although it utilizes a powerful dual-core 1.2Ghz CPU, the PowerVR 3D graphics engine provides a stunning display in 1280×800 resolutions.
3. Galaxy Tab 2 – Although the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 has been in circulation for longer than the other devices in this list, this powerful tablet has a strong following of supporters. Utilizing a Tegra 2 dual-core processor, the 1024×600 display handles like silk while in operation. If the 8GB of NAND drive isn’t enough for you, the Galaxy Tab 2 supports microSD for an addition 32GB of storage.
4. B&N Nook Tablet – Not to be confused with the less powerful Color, the Nook tablet throws in the lot with its competition against the Kindle Fire. The 1024×600 display is designed to reduce glare for reading and video watching. Store as many titles as you can on its 16GB built in drive, or use the microSD expansion to provide an additional 32GB.
5. Nabi 2 Tablet – While the Nabi tablet is designed for kindergarten to fifth-grade children, this tablet is more powerful than the Nook and Kindle Fire HD in terms of processing power. With children friendly games, movies, and more, this tablet can teach children about responsibilities. As if the 8GB of storage wasn’t enough, the Nabi has support for microSD.
6. Micro Cruz T508 – Slightly larger than its competitors, the 8″ display of the Velocity Micro Cruz tablet supports 1064 x 768 resolution powered by the 1.2GHz Cortex A8 processor and 1GB of RAM. The 8GB of on board storage is accompanied by the microSD card expansion slot.
Although there are many tablet manufacturers out there, these can be arguably the best product for the money. The versatility and mobility tablets can give you makes the purchase a worthwhile investment. Whether it is for home use, or accessing office files from abroad, tablet computers can bring a range of uses that are seemingly unlimited.