i call this “a dilemma”-getting blog ideas-because not everyone has the ability to think up things to write or insert into their blog. Though, we all know that it is one of the best ways to communicate with people, but, some of us find it difficult to connect with others. Blogging has its rewards and its punishment too; based on what you do and sometimes, we try to avoid the terrible part, which is punishment; but, it still gets to us.
What you input on your blog is what will determine the goal you will attain. The content of your blog is very important. Why I say this is because it is one of the things that will increase your earnings online.
To reduce the tension, here, are the ways I thought up that will make you get ideas for your blog;
- Read more: this way of getting ideas is something that has being practiced from time immemorial and it has being of help to people, including me. To make this easier for you, why not begin to collect industrial related blogs which you will be opportune to read in your spare time and be sure to take note of their writing styles and tweak them to suit your own blog. Now, wait a minute! I am not saying you should copy. Copying is totally different from getting ideas and this way, it will be easy for you to grow your business.
- Think ahead: before posting anything on your blog, try looking for a quiet place and think of what will be of great value to your blog. Do you know that you can get ideas from the things that happen to you daily? You can also write on things you do in your industry and make people know how to be a success.
- Ask questions: asking questions doesn’t mean you do not know what you are to write. It means you gaining more and enriching your blog with new things. There are different set of people you can ask questions and some of them are you family members, friends, business friends, and also, your neighbors.
- Teach: as my college teacher always say, “When you teach someone something, you are indirectly imparting knowledge into yourself and you will gain more that you have ever known”. Do you believe this? Let me give you an illustration. When teaching, a student decides to ask a question related to that topic. What do you do? You answer that question, right? But, you must not let the wind blow it away. It must be stuck in you.
Umm, these are the ways I thought up, but if you think they are hard for you to obey, here is an alternative.
The below ways are highly recommended and they will make things easier for you.
- Try Google Alert: this simply means, you monitoring the flow of new information online and using them to suit you, your readers and your blog in general.
- Google Groups: this enables you to join any group that is similar to your niche and get ideas from the members of that group. You can then make researches and expand your knowledge.
- Yahoo Answers: this gives you access to know what people are thinking and asking and you can use them to your own advantage.
- The use of social media: these can be used to interact with people and also see what they are talking about which can be related to your blog. Through this, you can use those things that have being observed to get more ideas.
With these, I am sure you will be able to improve on your forming of ideas and if you have anything to add, feel free to do so.